February 16, 2009

part three~warm, soft and even a little bit old....

how warm is this
?
it almost makes me forget that it's a shot of the lake
and
that the ice is 2 feet thick
and
that we're getting more snow on wednesday
and
that it's still winter in wisconsin
and
that I'm still having to wear a winter coat
and
that my hands don't seem to work unless they're gloved
and
that while I'm out shooting no matter what my eyes tear up and my nose runs
and
CRIPES
who am I kidding
?
I haven't forgotten any of that
but
editing my pictures to a warmer hue and blurring them helps a little
~happy monday~

6 comments:

  1. When it's cold out, I shoot from the windows, which means I'm likely missing many beautiful sights. Thanks for bringing the beauty inside to my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so email me off site and tell me what you did to transform the original. One addict to another. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought that as i read your post on photo editing a couple of days ago...that you had changed that picture from frigid to positively tropical. :-) it's fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I do like the "blurred around the edges a little" one a bit better...and it does seem warmer! Go Beth! Now if we could just photoshop our life...
    Happy Monday!
    ~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo.... You are getting so good at this! You turned the ocean into the beach. Now, can you turn my classroom into a spa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still winter here, too, though I will say we've had sun for a few days, and that makes all the difference in the world. Good idea about editing warm!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth