February 3, 2009

I know it's a short month, but.....

february is pretty dull
~
it's the kind of month in wisconsin where we just sit and look at each other
with a kind of "what now" attitude
~
we pat ourselves on the backs for having made it through december and january
and
now all we want is march
because
march
well who am I kidding
march can feel just like any of the other winter months here
but at least march gives us hope
for
warmth and green and sunshine
~
but february
is still just plain and cold and gray and windy and dull
I apologize that I don't love you
february
but
I will give you credit with at least being the shortest month of the year
~
kind of makes sense now doesn't it
that 28 day thing
?
~~~~~
ANYHOW
enough griping already
right
?
~
okay
so
I still haven't fallen back in love with my studio
even though it's clean and roomy and I can finally see the floor
but
I'm still playing with colors and paints
just not the kind that leave my fingers all messy
~
this is a cottage in seaside
before and after
see why I love to play with my photos
?


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful and fun! How cool! Yes, I figure they put Valentine's day in February because it was the only colorful thing in the month -- and half-way through, too. Doesn't it seem like the longest month of the year?

    Well, I'm glad you found your colors, even if you haven't really bonded with the tidy studio yet! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I always find that I have so much more inspiration when my work area is messy- go figure! Love what you've done with the pic! Now if you could just alter February a little- I HATE that month too- and it is always the longest shortest month... Have a great day!
    Did you start JP's Change of Heart? I love it!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! February always seems like it should be exciting. We made it through January and it feels like there should be some kind of reward for that. Sadly, there is not.

    I have the CUTEST little RED dress that seems really only appropriate for Valentines Day and yet for the last two years it sits in my closet mocking me for having a weak moment in a cute boutique where I fooled myself into thinking it would actually be warm enough to wear. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll trade you my February for yours...I am actually sick of sunshine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I feel the same way about February....let's just get it over with, the sooner the better. Your before and after pictures are fabulous...I need to learn how to do that. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your poem posts and your lovely photos, Beth! I sent in my reg for Sept SAW today! Are you going? Love to see you again!

    I encourage you to get out the messy paints! I have been pushing myself with Misty's challenges and have been loving it. Glad you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, thank goodness for editing programs or I would go nuts! I feel your pain about the weather, I'm in MN! I just keep counting down the days 'til spring, not that that really means anything here, I just like to make up my own little reality :)
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I have come to your lovely space, and upon reading your words earlier today, I realised how much of this wonderful blog I have been missing!
    I have always loved your writing style..love the insightful and often humorous things you have to say.
    I will be back on a much more regular basis..it's so good to see you again.
    :):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. march...named so because it tells you to march forward into spring! february, well, its just hard to spell. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo... Yummy pictures. Especially the second one. I love your "treatments." Would you give us a glimpse of your newly cleaned studio space. Please?

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth