January 29, 2008

in my mind, I have sand between my toes

I haven't done one of my "big headed" girl journal pages in a very long time.
And yesterday I felt motivated to make one. I wanted to write. I needed to write. I thought maybe what would come from the end of my pen would be brilliant, but it wasn't. But it sure felt good to let the paper absorb what was on my mind. Now I see why the "really healthy" people of the world journal everyday. I'm going to have to try that.

It was warm this morning....semi enjoyable for January in Wisconsin. This afternoon though, we were pelted with freezing rain and then some snow flurries. Now the wind outside my office is howling and trying to find someplace to go and it'll make us drop down into the -20/-30's tonight.
Good thing that at least there's something decent to watch on TV tonight....we love the BIGGEST LOSER !!!
{and of course I'll be switching back and forth between that and American Idol, just so I can see Simon roll his eyes at some youngsters that had been told by their mommas that they could sing}






5 comments:

  1. Great journal page..I love your collages with magazines! I think you need to write an article/how to and send that in to Somerset! Imagine the souls you would set wings to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in chicago, we're having these same midwest weather patterns.
    yesterday in the forties and then crashing, now just 3 degrees.
    I need some sand between my toes!
    And, as always, love the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beth, so nice to meet you virtually! thanks for your kind comment on my blog. AND your "big headed girl" collage is gorgeous. congrats on your somerset article. and that barn photo on your blog heading just takes my breath away. happy wintery day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Great collage! I wish you well in Wisconsin! Here in Michigan (and it can't be all that different) it's mighty brisk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your big headed journal...
    So charming indeed!
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth