March 4, 2012

a simple reminder~be yourself...


i was lucky enough to stumble across an amazing artist and her shop while i was in florida. 
her name is ginger and she is a doll. 
when you meet someone and immediately think, "i totally wish she was my next door neighbor," well in my book, that only holds true for very special people.


when i asked her about making me a custom piece, recognizing my blog and and my mantra, she smiled and said, "i'd love to." 
when i returned to pick it up, the shop was closed and she was airing out her store.
sadly, a little eatery just two doors down from her and sharing the same building, 
burned up in a horrible fire. 
thankfully she only suffered smoke damage.


fortunately we were still able to pick up my little piece of art.
when we walked in and i went to the back with her to her "work table" 
she gave me options for some of the finishing touches. i basically said, "what would you do?"...."just do it your way." after all, she's got a style that i just adore.


while she finished up, i walked around and took some photos to share with all of you.


her style. her art. her flea market finds.
everything in her studio is just yummy.


before we left, we spent lots of time talking with her. she has an amazing amount of energy, with ideas and visions that mirror some of my own. i can only hope that maybe someday our paths will cross again.



her adorable shop/studio is in grayton beach. she's also in the process of opening another shop in the same plaza called "wunderland" for children. we got a sneak peek and it's going to be amazing. so if you find yourself in the panhandle, i highly suggest you visit her. you won't be disappointed. 
and if florida isn't on your radar screen, lucky for you, she has an etsy shop....
tell her "beth sent you."
*

30 comments:

  1. I loved Ginger's shop! Her art work is beautiful and I love that you wanted her to finish your piece as she would have naturally, in keeping with her style. But I also love that she allowed you the opportunity to have it just as you would like. Speaks very much to who she is.

    All her flea market finds were just "my cup of tea" and I long to go back and spend more time (and more money!) there. I'm glad her shop was saved in that fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such fun when you meet an artist whose work just touches you. I'll go have a look at her etsy shop since I will probably never go to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome piece...and something you will treasure. I am so glad you stumbled across her shop (and that it did not burn down!). Hope you are having a lovely Sunday my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such an interesting shop for exploring and ideas. I love the lampshade, though it probably wouldn't suit my living room. Its such a neat idea though....I will have to check out her etsy shop.
    Did she know you from your blog before you met her? Does she blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love serendipitous meetings. And her angels are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a totally enchanting place! I have a feeling that if I feel in there, I would never, ever get out! Thanks for posting this -- don't get to Florida, but thanks to the Internet I don't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank god she only had smoke damage, cool little shop. Loosing any building, eatery,business or whatever is terrible, but to loose a place with all her personal art works, that would be tough. Neat place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very nice pieces. OMG ... Grayton Beach is so built up now! I remember when I lived down there in the mid-90's .... it was nothin' then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. another piece to our puzzle!
    Lovely photos...now I am going to check her out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks the kind of shop I could get lost in and your photos are gorgeous.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what fun that you had the opportunity to meet Ginger! I had the best time getting to know her during our first encounter...thank goodness, my sweet hubby had his iPad that day, as we chatted away for quite awhile!! Yes, so many fun goodies in her shop, and she has the sweetest personality! I can't wait to see the new shop!! Love your sweet post about your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fun! I always tell the artist to "do it your way" b/c the results are always better; and it gives the artist a sense of ownership and pride. just did it with my child't birthday cake from Publix and it was so pretty I almost cried and the ladies were so proud! Happiness all around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been there! I've been there!!

    I am so sorry that the fire happened, but glad that Ginger had started her transition to the new place. She has a real eye and is so talented!!!
    So glad you got your beautiful souvenir.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally my kind of place to visit as well. You have me drooling for summer and the start of the flea markets again :) She seems to have quite a vision, doesn't she? Love the piece she created for you- definitely you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. isnt it the best to meet someone with whom you instantly click .. I love the whimsical pieces you shot and I adore ... adore the new plaque .. especially because its got a heart and I loves hearts

    ReplyDelete
  16. glad for you
    and your happy rambles:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful place - so glad you found it, her and the art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it all! I'm heading there right now!... Etsy, not the panhandle, darn it all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Her shop looks like something I would LOVE to visit. Very cool stuff...will have to visit her etsy shop!
    Thanks!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clicking to the Etsy shop--I adore what I saw in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh beth i love your piece of art she created for you it is so YOU! what a beautiful shop thanks for taking us on a tour.
    kt

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful treasure you discovered there, Beth. Her creations are so interesting

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for telling us about this cute little shop. I'm usually a panhandler in the summer at some point, so hopefully I can get by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love what she did for you and loved seeing her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  25. how fun! it looks like the kind of place you could get lost in for a few hours....

    ReplyDelete
  26. It really great art crafting.It look so beautiful.It look stylist and extra ordinary crafting.

    Employee Engagement

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is so beautiful!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now that is someone living a beautifully creative and authentic life. What a wonderful piece she made for you!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth