June 28, 2010

i wish....

i wish i had
a long post today
filled with glittery magical words
borrowed from a fairy
that you could tuck into your heart
and
carry with you until your head sinks into your down filled pillow tonight
but i don't
~
i wish i had
the energy to do all the things that need to get done today
but as i sit here typing
i've decided
everything can wait
that nothing is that important
today
~
well almost everything
~
there's a cool breeze blowing in my window
that's been absent for weeks
as
we've been suffering from the kind of humidity where particles floating in the air
actually stick to your body
so
today
i think it only fair
that if the only thing that gets checked off my
"don't really want to do it ever"
list
is maybe
oh
let's say
cleaning one toilet
while the rest of my day is spent with my hair blowing in the wind
while i close my eyes
and
soak up the sounds of the birds that sound happier than they did a few days ago
well
then
that would be a perfect day
wouldn't it
*
the photo above has nothing to do with today, but everything to do with the past 2 weeks while my sister and her family have been visiting. i got this shot after my nephew had finished showing me some of his mad skateboarding tricks and i just loved how he looked all sweaty and adorable.

21 comments:

  1. Love a day where you sit back and just enjoy what's around you...one toilet cleaned is a successful day! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cute!

    My parents are coming to visit and that makes me realize I've had way too many of the perfect days that you describe. Time for me to face the music and get all of the toilets cleaned...along with the rest of my house.

    Enjoy your perfect day. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day you have spoken of. I feel relaxed already! You enjoy too! Great photo too!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you had a magical post that made me stop and think again....oh, that's right, you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful, magical portrait!...those magical years...

    that humidity has moved on over to RI today...no energy to even clean the toilets here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's got the smile that says he's truly feeling good about himself--wonderful to see in a teenager.
    Your day sounds wonderful. I'm going to head on out to work on the bushes and flowers(not considered work to me, but a stress buster)while our sticky humidity gives us a break

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, all things can wait....enjoy the breeze. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 28, 2010

    What a great mop of hair on that head of his! Most women would give their eye teeth for that much hair.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great portrait... and one clean toilet is all we ever really need, right? I hope that you enjoy the day no matter how you choose to spend it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. Your nephew even reminds me of mine, with that adorable curly hair! Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  11. he is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything CAN wait - there is only now - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure was a sticky bones weekend, wasn't it? Don't know if you got the wet, but it was thick. Sometimes you just lay back. Clean the toilet and call it good for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJune 28, 2010

    i hope we get that cool breeze soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweaty and adorable is a good thing for a mad skateboarder to look like. How fun to do nothing at all, especially cleaning the toilet. I hope you played today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, a fabulous photo. And yes, the humidity has been like an ocean around me...until just a few minutes ago when it rained so hard that my basement flooded...I hope that you enjoyed your day and the breeze, and that wonderful, wonderful things blew through your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is an excellent candid shot. Sometimes one toilet is enough of an accomplishment. You have to fill your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is a softness and gentleness in your nephew's face. Kind of like you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's a cutie, for sure. I'm in catchup mode after a couple of weeks away from the blog. I haven't commented on your other posts but I've read every one of them. Congrats to your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've said it before, I wish I had you around to take our family photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely post Beth and what a gorgeous Model you have photographed- love his hair.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth