November 10, 2011

empty hands....

~50mm 1.4 ISO 400~

actually
my hands are rarely empty
and
right now they are filled with this book
~
have you seen the movie previews for it. it stars george clooney.
enough said
~
anyhow
it's based on the book and debuts next weekend and before i sit in the movie theatre with my popcorn to see it, i will have read every single page. so far it's fantastic.
and
based on what i've heard
thumbs up, five stars and all that other good stuff as far as the movie goes.
~
you know the theory though. a movie is NEVER as good as the book and of all the theories i've heard in my lifetime, this one is actually true.
but
come on it's george
and
the movie will be playing at our sundance theatre
so it's a win win situation as far as i'm concerned.
~
and
the best of part of george and the fact that i can talk about him the way i do....
well, he actually resembles my hubby. he does. really. honest.
i'm not joking. actually the hubby is more george with a bit of pierce brosnan mixed in
but
hey, that's more detail then you came here for
*
ps...for anyone out there who has seen or met my hubby.....back me up for those possible naysayers. here he is just in case you really need to see how lucky i am.





18 comments:

  1. But that theory went out the window when I saw The Help- it was so true to the story and it was like watching the book come to life- loved every minute of it... so maybe... George will bring it home too :)

    Come back and tell us so I can (hopefully) add the movie to my Netflix list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away from the tv for a while and hadn't heard of this book or the movie. I think I might check it out for my Kindle. Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, your hubby is a handsome guy. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And lucky you are my dear.... but fyi, so am I! My hubs is a looker even though he's 60 years old. He's more Pierce Brosnan than George Clooney though... :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like there's some good lookers out there :o) I haven't heard of the book either, maybe I'll check it out, I need a good new read..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a handsome husband, by the sound of things.

    You have the trifecta - the book, the movie and the man. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for a good read, thanks! And just saw the ad for the movie today on TV ... gotta love George!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you are a lucky girl. Thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you have been blessed. Maybe I will go to the movies, it has been a while,...You did say George right?;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you ever read A River Runs Through It? The movie was FAR better than the book. But this looks very good. Especially with George.

    ReplyDelete
  10. George Who...kidding, I have seen pictures of that hubby of yours and have to say he is a looker, lucky you and I still say GeORGE wHO...LOL. Have fun. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right, George combined with Pierce. My brother looks a bit like George, too, but I never tell him that because I don't want him to get a big head. The movie looks wonderful, I didn't realize it was from a book, now I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always up for a new book and the added bonus of the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! I think i do see more Pierce Brosnan than George.......he's missing that chin.......But hey Pierce was my favorite Bond man of all time so yes you are one lucky woman! lOl! deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know this book. I'll have to look it up, maybe give it a read! If George is doing the movie, that's good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always been disappointed with the movie if I have read the book first...Too much is usually left out...This is why mini-series work so well I think...This sounds like a good one though...and I would watch George Clooney in ANY movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy cow, he DOES look like George, with a little Pierce tossed in. Lucky you! I've seen previews for the movie but didn't realize it was a book. I'll probably watch the movie then read the book - that way I can enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh honey, your man is WAY better than George...and yes, I see the Pierce (I prefer Pierce to George...).

    Must check out this book...and we will want to know the final verdict after you have seen the film...is THIS the one where the film is actually better than the book????

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth