October 13, 2009

at least yesterday was 48 degrees....

remember this adorable little munchkin
well
yesterday I got to meet the whole adorable and amazingly patient family
and
run around the park with them
we tried to keep the kids still
for some family shots
but mostly we just let them run
and
play tag
and
run some more
and
enjoy nature
and
kick balls
and
eat snacks
and
roll around in the leaves
and
laugh at each other
then we found an alley
to play hockey in
with crab apples
~~
chances are good that this guy won't ever want to use a hockey puck again
since crab apples bust open after you whack at them
and
if you're 7 years old
that is really cool
*
thank you guys so much for being playful and beautiful and funny
on a cold october day
and
making my job
which never feels like a job
so easy
*








13 comments:

  1. So cute! Fall has definitely arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun day for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They now have lovely memories of a fun day with you and the wonderful images to keep those memories alive.

    I think you sent your weather down our way ... and I can't say I'm happy about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful family indeed. that little girl is adorable. she has such a head of curly hair. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hair on that little girl???!!!! Oh, are you kidding me?!!! How great is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun shots Beth! Nice textures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you approach you photography sessions. The photos are so good because they are candid shots and not posed and unnatural and uncomfortable. I wish I lived in the midwest so you could take photos of my husband and me. Every time someone takes a picture of me if I'm posing, I always look like a retard. (no offense to anyone) Anyhow, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth I just love that little girl and as Holly said that hair....you do such a wonderful job making them relax and just have fun. We have about six inches of snow already, so if you were here we would be in our parkas. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day Beth! And you got to do what you love~ Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hockey with crab apples...now that sounds like fun! (sounding like a true canadian ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving this post-- from top to bottom!
    Thanks,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe that you can shoot pics in 48 degrees!!!!! Do you photoshop red noses???? I would not even be out there shooting, let alone being in the pics! You people are much thicker skinned than we whimpy California girls!!!!!
    Great pictures! Those curls are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth