April 22, 2011

a little of this....

a little of that
~
this lamb, or is it a sheep, is a photo i took last year
~
this year i'm turning it into a greeting card

i found this on a tumblr site i love
~
personally
i think it should be blown up and made into a canvas
and
hung in all of our homes
~
i have had easter at my house the past four years, but this year my little sister who hosts everything is having it and i am grateful for that. you see, when our kids moved out, everything in our finished basement went with them and now we have nothing
left to entertain her kids or mine.
we just recently gave to my sister the only thing left behind. the ping pong table. and i know without question, after we are stuffed full of ham and potatoes, there will be a knock down drag out ping pong tournament and i will place my bet now
that my hubby will whoop everyone's butt. he always does.
~
here's "hopping" you all have an amazing easter weekend
{get it...hopping instead of hoping}
~
now i'm off to fill 72 eggs with goodies
~
wow
that's a job i pretty much love
*

21 comments:

  1. i have always loved that quote and maybe that's part of the reason why i always say that i am mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth! Thanks for stopping over. I love everything about your blog and think we would be kindred spirits. I love your photography, then I saw your beach jumping pix in PC - I've done 100's of those in the OBX & PC so I know what that feels like :) THEN, to top it all off, I read about the Ping Pong!! Oh dear, love it. Maybe we'll meet in PC someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 72? exactly?

    LOVE that photo. love love love. It looks like a painting. If I was really smart or really cultured, I could tell you the name of the artist, but it escapes me at the moment and I'm too lazy to go look it up in my art book. But it looks like a painting by THAT artist. And I love it.

    have a lovely Easter, ping pong and all : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your Easter, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gave away your ping-pong table??? Ah, I don't know what I'd do without mine. An Easter tournament sounds like fun! Enjoy stuffing those eggs - I miss those days. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happity hippity hoppity to you all!

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little madness is necessary ... and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm the Mad Hatter then... and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Ping Pong tournament after an Easter feast with family, what a nice treat. Happy Easter week-end to you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love filling eggs :) Have a wonderful Easter! And I do love that quote...I get it ;). xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that quote fits us more as we get older . . . wiser and crazier. I do like your photo, so soft and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a serene photo along with a fun quote, nice! Enjoy your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a wonderful Easter. Enjoy. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. have a lovely easter. and say hello to your sister for me. please.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. have a fantastic easter honey....we're having a low key one here. we celebrated last weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should be filling eggs now too but I am procrastinating...Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No licking your fingers, Beth! Have a joyous weekend with family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The best quote !
    Have a hoppy Easter too, Lovely One !
    Good luck to the Ping Pong Master !
    HUgs !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder what goodies were inside those eggs?
    I haven't played a good game of ping pong in a long time...I think I used to use our ping pong table for forts more than for playing the game. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds wonderful in every way -- sometimes being away is just the best!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth