April 25, 2011

all about the kids.....


and 
off they went 
on what turned out to be a fantastic sunny spring day


 my hubby and my brother-in-law hid the eggs
~
some of them were in broad daylight



 some of them weren't


 there were special spotted eggs in which the kids could only get one of and they weren't supposed to look inside them until the very end. T you are so busted.




 i think my sister's chickens heard the word eggs and got a bit nervous


 toby actually got in on the action and found an egg underneath a rock before the kids did
~
for linner {that's lunch and dinner in case you didn't you know} we had ham and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and cheesy broccoli with french fried onions and grape salad and deviled eggs and home baked bread and and and....shoot, i know i'm forgetting something. let's just say we ate really well like we always do. for dessert we literally inhaled my sister's frosted cut out cookies that are out of this world.
~
like i knew there would be, a loud and outrageous ping pong tournament took place. my hubby kicked butt. there were also games of pool, trampoline jumping and flipping, a bit of stick ball and frisbee throwing and even some dancing.
~
it was pretty much a perfect easter
*
and
now i have to share what was on the front of an easter card my sister had
::
"susie, where did you hide the easter eggs at?"

"mary, how many time have i told you not to end a sentence with a preposition?"

"susie, where did you hide the easter eggs at bitch?"
*
*
how was your easter
?

23 comments:

  1. your Easter Sunday sounds like a slice of Americana. a perfect Norman Rockwell pic. Awesome. The way any holiday should be celebrated.... with family all around and having a good time.

    And, I need to find out where I can buy one of those cards at :) (and when read out loud, it should be like "beee-itch")

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth, the card from your sister is a hoot! :). thank you for sharing your great easter day! any cookies left? -xok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do anything Easter-ish at all...no kiddies around. I do go out Satuday night to a new restaurant ( for me ) - sat in the bar and had great food and heard a jazz sing friend belt out a terrific variety of songs and my favorite piano player accompany her, along with a bass and a drummer. It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, sounds like you guys had fun with lots of good stuff to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. susie HAS to be southern! LOL i love that joke

    glad you all had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a perfectly lovely hunt and day:)
    Like your captures of it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun! Looks like everyone had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great! And it was fun reading about your fun-filled day with photos as a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice pictures and a fantastic celebration. I almost ran around with you all hunting for them eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn grammar ;-)
    Glad you had an awesome Easter celebration

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really sounds like the perfect Easter weekend - wonderful! Made me smile, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My easter was a lot like yours...lots of family, lots of food, lots of hidden eggs! It is nice to see that even older children enjoy the egg hunt...

    ReplyDelete
  13. too funny.....good share:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. love those yellow polka-dotted bags... and the first two photos are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahahahaha... my kind of card!

    sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, love the card. Looks like you had a great easter, those photos ...great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful Easter! Love the mix of ages of all the kids. Glad you had good weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh...love her wellies! My Easter was great...so chill. And the kids had a blast searching for eggs...all good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. belated Easter greetings, Beth. I've been away from the computer for the most part..
    One of my daughter's surprise visited us from school.. so lots of sister silly, and cuddling and chats.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, it sounds like you had a most fantastical Easter!
    I don't know what is more fun...hiding the eggs or finding them. Oh, I wish I could be a little kid again sometimes.
    Happy belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved every bit of the joy and fun of this post but the thing that grabbed my heart was the photo of Toby who looked like my one-time dearly beloved angel cat whom I miss all I can say. Perhaps he found the next of his nine lives in your world. I hope so. That's sort of Eastery...mixed with Buddhism.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth