August 15, 2009

a sorry list of seven things...


I'm sorry I don't have the easy pull back into a ponytail kind of hair
that would make our mornings so much easier
and
that I looked like a goon while we were dating in high school
~~
I'm sorry I don't like to cook and really only know how to make a few dishes that can be called "your favorites"
~~
I'm sorry my feet stink when I wear my tennis shoes
due to the fact that I can't stand to wear socks with my shoes
~~
I'm sorry my desk is always a mess
even though every time you need something I can find it in two seconds flat
which still amazes you after all these years
~~
I'm sorry I hog the clicker when we're watching television
sort of
~~
I'm sorry I leave cabinet doors open and never run into them
even though you do
~~
I'm sorry I'm addicted to my computer
~scratch that~
no I'm not
~~
but
I'm not sorry that even though I have a list 10 times longer than this one
you still love me
just the way I am
*
I was given an award and tagged "to tell you seven things about myself"
by dani and this is all I could come up with for today since my body
and mind are all mushy from working so hard helping my sister and her family move
into their new house
so
maybe tomorrow I'll be a little more coherent
but today I'm sore and missing my honey a little bit more than usual
so
I hope this makes you smile
or
at least confirms for you that
our teenagers today have it so easy
not having to live
through those flipped out farrah fawcett hair days
*


22 comments:

  1. Hey, you don't have to be sorry about any of those things! Except perhaps for the Farrah Fawcett hair! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh beth, your honesty here always makes me smile. no apologies needed for any of those tidbits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool hair honey! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say your 70's hair looks very fashionable for that era not goon like at all.

    If I could change anything about my self my hair would be first choice.

    This was a fun post to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groovy! The cabinet door thing? Are you left handed???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't apologize...it's called living! (Except for maybe the cabinet thing...my ex used to do the same thing, and it drove me crazy!) I think you're great just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool do, Beth ! You had it down, girlfriend !
    Hope you get some honey loving asap !

    ReplyDelete
  8. smiling? yes! thank you for bringing that on. :)
    love that photo of you, omg... you are brave to post & share yourself as you do...i admire you! once i thought about posting photos of me from the day when big hair was cool, but the thought came and went all too quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely smile arrived as I was reading this ... thanks for the special delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know those big hair days far too well! ... and I love how you wrote this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post and the two before it are so full of Beth. And no, Toni doesn't have to put up with Farrah-layers. Her hair looks more Joan Baez, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this picture of you!! Love the hair, and the rainbow shirt, heehee

    This was so fun getting to know you.

    :-D

    (((hugs))),
    love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you don't need to be sorry for any of those qualities that make you spectacularly YOU! YAY! I am totally smiling, you are so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw beth you are a treasure and while your list of "sorrys" may be long your heart is so full of a generous spirit and your list of "good" is a mile long!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is amazing how alot of us all had the same hairdo. Loved your list. Big hug today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. perfect feathered hair! L U C K Y! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) oh yes....the farrah you were rocking is so very groovy. as were these little tidbits. cabinet doors is one of my peevish things too as I'm always closing them behind my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No apology necessary!
    And oh how I wished my hair looked like your int he 70s!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. c'mon, you look only as gooney as all the REST of us from that era looked ... which is to say PERFECTLY COOL, MAN, WHATTA FOX! Which, by the way, you still are, stinky feet or not.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i LOVE the jumper in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, you look great in the flipped Farrah 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are recovered from the bump on your head. That's quite the charge! Loved this post -- it was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth