August 30, 2009

grasping....

sometimes I just hang on
~~
to careless feelings
silly ideas that feel out of reach
dreams I'm convinced will never come true
wishes that could have been
~if only all the candles had been blown out~
my clouded points of view
thoughts that only I could possibly understand
visions that can only be seen through my rose colored glasses
and
big lopsided tears that hang dangerously close to the edge
~~
feeling that if I let them go
I will have let
"hope"
go
~~
everyday I hear from everyone
everywhere
"I hope"
something
~~
I hope she feels better
I hope I don't make that mistake again
I hope it doesn't rain
I hope she didn't see me
I hope he didn't take that wrong
I hope he gets home on time
I hope they like me
I hope she knows how upset I am
~~
and
don't get me started on big "hope"
like
I hope she survives the surgery
or
I hope they weren't on the plane that crashed
nope I don't want to go there right now
~~
so today
hang onto your
hope
~~
tie a perfect sailor's knot onto it if you have to
tight and noticeable
if that's what feels best
~~
because
really
isn't hope all we have
?


21 comments:

  1. Yep, without hope there is nothing.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether spoken or not...hope is all we have to get through any one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Beautiful Beth , where there is life there is hope...Thank God for that.

    Sending some extra your way today, along with lots of love, understanding and empathy...we are in this together, Baby !

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so right, in the darkest of night - hope is my life raft.

    gorgeous shot to illustrate this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Beth knows how much we all love her...

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one of those posts you 'do' to me where I have to come back 14 times before I'm able to get past the GAH response to the photo in order to read the post itself. This time, it's a double GAH, picture and words. Speaking of writing a novel, miss thang ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect picture and perfect post. Thank you! It's beautiful.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope is one of the most beautiful words in the language. This is a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes hope is all that keeps our hearts beating for one more day...

    :-)

    (((hugs))),
    love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Beth, and yes there is always hope. We really need nothing else! Big Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came back from the land of hope ... New Orleans. An absolutely amazing city ... like no other ... where the people HAD to have hope in massive quantities ... and continue to have hope that we haven't forgotten them or their needs. It's a beautiful thing to see ... and your blog was so timely and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta hang on to 'hope'!!! Love the image...such wonderful subtle color and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you a big hug, Beth. I HOPE you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you are always hoping, Beth. Wonderful pairing as well. Keep your chin up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope is all we have sometimes. I love the image you paired with your words.... Hanging on to hope.

    ReplyDelete
  16. your words are strong yet tender today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope is what keeps us all going...me anyway and the HOPE that all the hopes will come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope is a beautiful thing. Your words give hope, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your words and photography are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love this- you have such a wonderful way with words...thanks

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth