November 5, 2009

questions and answers and lots of love...I promise !

can I just say
that I love
~like really love~
my new camera lens
?
thanks for letting me get that off my chest
~~
okey dokey
QUESTION numero uno
"do you have a new blog"
~
yes
I have another blog
just for when I need a little extra space for photos
~but not to replace this blog~
and
I love it
~but not quite as much as I love my new camera lens~
and
the new kick ass banner I made for it
yep
I'm in love with that
too
~
QUESTION numero dos
"where did ruby luna come from"
~
first
thank you all so much for giving me name suggestions for my photography blog
I love all of you for your thoughtful suggestions
but
in the end
as oprah would say
I had a lightbulb moment and came up with
all on my own
~~
ruby
for the grandmother who helped make me who I am today
and
luna
for the beautiful luna moth that flew around my house this summer
with her broken crunchy wings
and
made me smile every morning when I found her resting in a new spot
~~
QUESTION numero tres
"is changing the html for your photos really easy enough for anyone to do"
~
YES
and
here's how you do it
~~
once you upload your photo on your post
in the upper right corner of your post box click on "edit html"
your picture will be gone
and
some very foreign looking stuff will be there instead
look for this
:400px;height:266px;
delete everything BETWEEN the left colon and the right semi colon
and
what will be left
is the colon and semi colon now sitting right next to each other
~~
PERFECT
okay
and
now one more thing
look a little bit further in that foreign stuff
until you find
s400
delete ONLY the 4 of the s400 and change it to either 64 OR 80
so that new number is now s640 or s800
depending on how big you want your photo to be
and
now back in the right hand corner
click compose
and
WOW
wha-la
you will love love love your new big photo
I promise
~~
whew
this was much longer than I had anticipated
but sometimes when you're full of love
that's what happens
*

32 comments:

  1. already
    that sweet lens
    is paying off!

    beauty is 3% lens...
    96% photographer, and
    1% "did i do that?"

    thanks, too, for the clear HTML procedure!

    peace~

    ReplyDelete
  2. lemme guess, you like your new camera lens, heee heee heeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is just a big O. That picture is amaazing. And thanks for the picture information

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lens ... what is the lens?! Looks like all kinds of new fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fantastic photograph! I love the reason for your blog title, and yes your blog is kick ass! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first treat from your new lens ... and so thankful you put the directions for the html edit down so I can give it a try ... just sorry that it takes away the "need" for our phone lesson. I love getting the background story on how creative ones come up with their creations - I can never get enough of your photos so it's so nice to have another place to visit to enjoy them. From your first Ruby Luna fan, keep working your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new lens! With your eye, I'm sure it'll capture awesome scenes. Your excitement is contagious; thanks for yet another uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very exciting, Beth....I hope I can find this info when I need it...I can barely handle one blog, though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exciting, Beth....I hope I can find this info when I need it...I can barely handle one blog, though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, I've been gone awhile! The doors have closed on your old blog and now you are being yourself!

    Ruby Luna is a cool name! Funny thing-- my etsy shop is called Ruby Floy-- also named for a grandmother!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are always wonderful and that comes from your vision...
    so happy you love your new lens :)
    thanks for the html info., next you can tell me how to make my words look more artsy :) I know, I know you can't give all your secrets away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the name Ruby Luna and your reasons -- too pretty.
    Thanks for the great advice. I'm trying to redo my blog (including adding pictures)and I'm sure I'll be utilizing some of the tips.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thank you SO much for the tip, I love being able to post my photos bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to try your html tip! And, your photo is absolutely beyond beautiful! I agree, the lens is amazing, but so is the photographer...and that "be you!" What lens is it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the name and the meaning behind it... in the end it was better to go with your heart, yes?

    :-)

    (((hugs))),
    love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the meaning behind the name! And I do love that blog too. So now I want to know what kind of lens you got...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay the love starts with that first photo! Gorgeous! Is it a fish eye lens? My dh just informed me he needs... ANOTHER fish eye lens... and I didn't even blink... of course he does :)

    Ruby Luna is very creative, much like yourself :)

    And now the big finish... the html in understandable terms... THANK YOU!

    Hope the sun is shining in your world like it is in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. red moon, red moon - i love the whimsy of a red moon. did i tell you that i like whimsy? well, i do...shhh (but i don't really think it's that big of a secret)

    i miss you sweetie pie

    now back to work (for me)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lens what lens did you buy....??? And yes making pics larger on screen is so much fun to do....Thanks for sharing though. Love this new picture toooo much...Sweet hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the story of your new blog name ! So sweet and inspired.
    Glad you are having such fun with your new toy. New toys= Good !!!!
    Thanks for the picture info.

    Lots of love right back at you - to keep you nice and filled up !
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I can 't wait to try that tip. Thanks so much.

    I love to see what you see through your new lens. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beth, i love the photo, I wish I were walking there. I love the name of the blog. Ruby luna is lovely and now we know why. I will have to reread that tip in the am, because it is a blur for me tonight...the deer in the headlight look. lol Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for posting this! I can't wait to try the HTML tips!

    ReplyDelete
  24. sending love your way...banner and name ...two blogs rock!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is a cool lens...knowing almost nada about lenses, I can only say its cool.
    Thanks for the clear html instructions..I'll have to print them off for if I ever feel I have enough time to fool around even more than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Huh...I'll be darned...Inever used the "compose" button.....it opens up all kinds of new doors...silly me! Now I see where you can align your sentences!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How on earth did you figure that out? You smart cookie you.
    I will wander over to Ruby Luna as soon as I finish catching up here!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. i adore your pictures!
    i am going to give it a try to your tutorial and if i need help I may ask you again, hope is okay with you.
    Thank you very much for sharing!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what lens is it???
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy for you and your new lens! And this does it. I am adding your blog to my blogroll.
    Love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beth, Thanks a million for letting me link this great photo enlarging "how-to" on my blog. I think it will really help A LOT of people make their blog and photos look better. You're the best! xo Joanna

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth