September 17, 2010

yep, it's pink....

weekend drives in the country with my hubby are something i cherish. he stops and turns around for anything i point at or turn my neck for. as i get out of the car with my camera and cross through fields while questioning the roadside weeds i'm tromping through, wondering if there's any poison ivy or snakes waiting to attack my ankles, he waves to me with his "have fun, be careful" wave.
~
i climb back in the car with a satisfied smile, hoping my camera caught what my eyes saw and off we go again. we use a gps so that we can purposely stay off the main roads. and if god forbid we get on one, we do everything we can to get right back off.
~
last weekend we came across a farm filled with old beaten up cars and trucks. some were awful but one was pink and its bed was filled with flowers. well kind of. but you know what i mean. they were weeds and the truck had become one with the ground after years of neglect. but still it was beautiful.
~
and
the other old rotten completely useless vehicles. well they were a little too far onto the property for me. there was a house still being lived in based on the ragged curtains hanging lopsided in the windows and i was pretty sure the owner had a rifle he was cleaning for the upcoming deer season.
and
that day
i just wasn't in the mood for any confrontations
*

26 comments:

  1. ahhhh, ohhhhh...what a fabulous find!!! LOVE IT!!!
    Pink, rust and weeds...perfect combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the weeds spilling over the bed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture -- the truck looks like it is backed right up into a hill. My hubby and I go on country drives often on Mondays which is his day off. We don't have a GPS, but we have a backroads map -- hubby just drives and I try to figure out where we are and make sure we find our way home.
    I too wonder what is in the grass I am walking through -- I recently walked into a grassy area that was literally jumping with crickets and I had sandals on -- I was sure that I would come out with a few inside my pant legs, but amazingly I didn't -- did get some great shots of the weeds I was after. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing your beautiful photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love to think what sort of character would drive this truck back when it was in use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm envious that you get to stop wherever you like. And it sure does pay off. Great subject!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the bad part of trespassing--angry property owners! But abandoned things always intrigue me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm.... I see nice texture layers in the rust.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's amazing! And completely the thing you'd never find over here in the UK - so cool. Thanks for sharing :)

    Claire Marie
    http://tea-breaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot! I'd love to find a treasure like that while on a country drive! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya, just the thought of a snake in the grass keeps me out of those fields, so I'm sure I've missed many a great photos. The pink is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome picture. Great eye!

    bemistified.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. do you think he'd let me have that truck for my garden?

    ReplyDelete
  13. As usual...bowing down to the magical eye of Beth. Beautiful. And I just love that you two share these special moments. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great adventurous spirit you have and fortunately so does your husband. I really like this old truck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. our hubbies would get along just fine. ;-)

    great shot...love the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came across your blog through Elena´s blog, The Quest. I just love your blog title and the contents too of course wich reflect who you are and your sense of humour. If you don´t mind I´d like to "keep my eye" on your journey.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this, love your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was quite the find, Beth! (It must have been Mary Kay's husband's, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful find! and how romantic and adventurous the two of you are:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome find! I dream of taking drives like that with my husband. Just need to find a husband first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some would say this truck has seen its better days, but I'd say its better days are NOW! Great capture, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a fun photo! What a thrill find.
    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my! Gotta love a pink truck! I mean, seriously!!! Totally awesome!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is so fun to find a special pink truck like this and filled with "flowers" too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is an amazing find! I love that you will trudge through anything for a good shot. Thank you for you kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  26. serious pink love!!! fab... 'sigh'

    xxo, kim

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth