February 14, 2009

because I can.....I do

~ photo editing~
here's the straight up truth
I'm addicted
~~~~~
is there a support group for people like me
?
hello
I'm beth
I have a problem
I'm addicted to photo editing
and
it's not my fault
~~~~~
I'd like to be 100% accountable for this self inflicted disease
of mine
but I have an enabler
and
his name is john
~~~~~
wisconsin is quiet this time of year
really quiet
and
with all my spare time
{which is way too much}
all I want to do is take pictures
and
who drives me all over the countryside
carrying my camera bag
and
changing lenses for me
YEP
my enabler john
~~~~~
see
if he said
"no"
"I feel like staying home and watching the golf tournament"
when I mention the idea of finding the next greatest park
in
the madison area
I probably wouldn't be that excited about driving around wisconsin in the winter
all by myself
but
he always says
"yes"
"let's go"
~~~~~
so see
it's not really
my
problem
~~~~~
honestly
I really think it's all his fault
and
if I were in a support group meeting
and
offered this up as the reason to my problem
well
this is probably about the time they'd kick me out
this is the before shot obviously
and
it's not that bad
and
looked really good on my camera when I took it
but
then
damn
I got home and started playing and editing
and
asked myself which one i'd rather see hanging on a wall in my dentists' office
and
of course I picked the edited photo
~
whoa
maybe this problem of mine is all my dentists fault
and
I can let
john off the hook
?

8 comments:

  1. This is an amazing shot and perfect editing! I'm so glad you're addicted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes -- i'm a total photo editing junkie -- alas!

    happy heart day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both. Since discovering digital photography, I haven't had this much fun since I got my first box of 64 crayolas. I'll keep following to see what you create next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally have mixed feelings about all this editing. at one point last week, i even declared that i had gone off flickr...but that only lasted for about an hour. there's something of a purist in me and i try not to tweak too much...but, on the other hand, if we truly want to be the author of our digital photos, we should play away!

    :-)
    /julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooooo understand being addicted. Once I started to take more lifestyle people photographs my obsession slowed as it made my work flow drag out way toooo long.:)

    I think the photograph is beautiful-my fav is the edited one-that blue rocks.

    And thanks for the giggle...maybe you can blame your dentist. chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, too. The edited photo. I am in love with all the saturated colors and the not so subtle contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great addiction though, and you get to spend your time out in such a beautiful place, being artsy and free . .. sounds fab.
    I really love the colour and vibrancy of the edited photos, tho it's great to see the originals for comparison too.
    My new addiction is checking my computer every couple hours for new posts from my favourite bloggers (of which you are one). Starting to think I might need to join a support group for that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the criteria -- what would you like to see in the dentist's office. I think that's one I have to remember!

    What a guy -- everyone needs an enabler -- and he's a peach!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth