October 16, 2008

finding our balance......

there is a push and pull
that sometimes happens in our lives
that throws our entire core
off
balance
~~~~~
just when we thought
we'd continue getting by each day
pushing our thoughts and ideas
into something
to mold our lives
along
comes someone
who pulls us
in
a different direction
~~~~~
they make us feel
new and alive
and
our thoughts
no matter how hard we try
keep going
back
and
swirling
around them
~~~~~
the life we were
shaping
and
molding
gets cracked
and
the sunlight comes pouring in
and
we are blinded
~~~~~
blinded by
love
and
goodness
and
softness and kindness
~~~~~
and we start to push back
a little
thinking things
were good
just as they were
because that's what we always do
~~~~~
but this time
we don't push back as much
and
we open our eyes wider
and
we see that the pulling isn't so bad
after all
~~~~~
and
that maybe this time
just
maybe
we'll let the pulling continue
because
the pushing
has become too hard
and
too hurtful
and
has left us
unfulfilled
and
lonely
~~~~~
and
that maybe the loneliness
after all these years of pushing
has finally
opened
our heart
wide enough
to let the pulling grab hold
and stay
for
awhile
~~~~~
~~~~~
{I've been writing "words" as much as I normally do, but I just haven't had anything that I wanted to share with anyone...until today. My inspiration came while thinking about a friend of mine and what he's living right now and the words just kept flowing....so easily. So in between sharing my photos and some day to day stories with you, I hope you don't mind if I throw some of my words back into the mix}

4 comments:

  1. I always love your words, so I'm glad you're including both. They are as moving and evocative as your fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the words matter to me SO much, well more than my daily Universe messages, and I love that I spend so much time the rest of the day with your words/thoughts creating mental dialogues in my head. It's so important, that depth, and how close it makes me feel to you, being (really) so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was quite inspired by your words missy! I love reading your writing, and watching you grow so much artistically and spiritually. Thanks for sharing such a great ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, to let in the sunshine, so much is revealed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth